von: Leclanché e-Mobility SA | localité: Yverdon-les-BainsN: LeclancheMobilitySA
With over a century of experience in battery research and manufacturing, Leclanché is well placed to tackle the challenges of the transition to a carbon-free society. As the only European manufacturer of both power and energy lithium-ion battery cells, Leclanché provides the most effective energy storage solutions for electric vehicles, industrial, marine, grid and microgrid applications.
Our world leading in-house technologies and ownership of the full value chain from electrochemistry to energy management software, make us unique and a partner of choice for customers who require smarter and faster energy storage solutions.
To support our e-Mobility group, we are looking to join us in our new offices in Yverdon-les-Bains, Switzerland for an:
Application Engineer, Marine
- Technical lead for proposing Leclanche products to new clients alongside the sales team.
- Support Systems engineering team in developing new products or adapting existing products to client requirements.
- Provide client support during the different project stages, while also being the interface to other Leclanche departments.
- Provide level 2 support to after sales team during commissioning or trouble shooting.
- Promote Leclanche products and services at fairs and other forums.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Size and define marine battery systems with feedback from application and sales teams.
- Support sales quotation activity with technical input.
- Manage technical deliveries to clients through drawings, calculation notes, analysis and test results etc.
- Provide tier 3 technical support to service engineering team, remotely or onsite, when necessary during commissioning and repair activities.
- Define and track technical deliverable with vendors / sub contractors.
- Provide REX (Return of Experience) feedback to Development team.
- Contribute to product validation exercise.
Skills and Experience:
- Engineering degree in Electrical, or similar field.
- Experience with industrial power systems is a must for this position.
- Experience with marine power systems design in general is a plus.
- Experience with use, configuration and trouble shooting of industry standard communication protocols – Canbus, Canopen, Modbus etc.
- Good knowledge of industry controller equipment programing.
- Good knowledge of electrical components, their sizing and constraints – HV fuses, contactors, connectors, circuit breakers etc.
- Good knowledge of Marine regulations and safety systems is a big plus.
- Competency working with HV electricity (up to 1200VDC).
- Compliance and Security: Complies with environmental directives and instructions;
- Customer Focus: Acts with the customer in mind;
- Initiative, Adaptability, Autonomy: Seizes opportunities in a proactive way to rapidly deliver results;
- Result Orientation: Possesses and applies knowledge and skills necessary for task completion;
- Communication: Written and verbal communications are clear and concise
- Teamwork: Works cooperatively with others and is part of a team.
- English fluent spoken and written.
- French and other European languages are a bonus.
The position is expected to involve some travelling.
We offer an interesting employment opportunity in an international growing company, dynamic and collaborative working environment, possibility to work on innovative projects and continuous professional growth.
Please note that we have an established hybrid working pattern in place.
Passion for work, initiative and adaptability, impact and influence, innovation and decisiveness are the key attributes we are looking for.
If you are Swiss or EU citizen, or hold a valid work permit, please apply and send your full application only in English.