Cloud and Security Support Engineer
Plus d’informations et postuler
von: SonarSource SA | localité: Geneva 15N: SonarSourceSA
Sonar’s industry leading solution solves the trillion-dollar challenge of bad code, equipping developers and organizations to reach a problem-free state in their codebase with Clean Code. Through its unique Clean as You Code methodology, the organization has empowered 7 million developers and 400,000 organizations across the globe to systematically deliver better software.
Sonar provides a series of products to help engineers eliminate bugs and vulnerabilities and champion quality code in the software development process. Our goal is to make these products the ultimate automatic code analysis solution and get them adopted by millions of users for millions of projects and billions of lines of code.
To achieve this, our IT Operations team has a mission to “Support and Scale our Cloud Infrastructure by providing a stable, secure, and frictionless technology environment.” We manage cloud infrastructure systems that support the organization, enabling teams and individuals to deliver their best work.
The impact you can have
The IT Operations team is composed of passionate engineers who are fully engaged in delivering the best products that help teams deliver their best work. We are focused on reducing friction and getting the most value from solutions to enhance outcomes. We want to expand our Support team to keep managing our cloud platform in a predictable way that accounts for scalability, resilience, and performance.
On a daily basis, you will
- Be the Level 2 Support in both Cloud Infrastructure and Security domains
- Take ownership of Cloud Infrastructure and End-point Security issues reported and see problems through to resolution
- Proactive monitoring of Infrastructure and Security systems
- Manage tickets for Incidents and requests for services in the ServiceNow queue
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot, and identify solutions to resolve infrastructure incidents and SIEM alerts
- Following standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes, manuals, and RunBooks and Knowledge Articles
- Act as a Support representative in the cloud and office Infrastructure projects
- Take the initiative to improve infrastructure platforms and process automation toward operational excellence
- Work with Infrastructure as a Code, AWS CFN/CDK, IAM, Linux, DNS, Certificates, and network management
- Investigate Customer Security Issues
The technical skills you will demonstrate
- Cloud Engineer with at least two years of experience in AWS, Linux, DNS, and network administration
- Good knowledge of systems engineering, network foundations, and network protocols.
- Experience with supporting AWS Infrastructure. Azure and GCP are a plus.
- Experience with AWS Security services such as Security Hub, GuardDuty, and Config
- Hands-on scripting and automation with Python, Powershell, Bash, YAML, Cloudformation
- Experience with IaC, Ansible, Git/Github, and Certificate management
- Capable of performing log analytics and insights to correlate events and determine root causes
- Background in observability systems like DataDog and/or SIEM monitoring
- Certifications in AWS, Linux, or other position-related fields are a plus
The soft skills you will demonstrate
- Highly autonomous, pragmatic, and organized
- Open-minded and very positive can-do attitude
- You prefer to work in a team, sharing information and ideas and understanding the power of collective thinking to get the best solutions
- Comfortable in dealing with change and complexity
- Self-confident enough to challenge the status quo as well as to receive and give feedback to improve the team and yourself
- Valuing “done” over “perfect”
- You are friendly and enthusiastic
Words from the team
Our team is made of passionate teammates making sure that we can provide a seamless service to meet the company's needs. We use Cloud Service Providers to achieve our objectives and leverage SaaS best-of-breed solutions. We help the internal teams and users across our 4 campuses in Austin, Annecy, Bochum, and Geneva and take pride in enabling teams to deliver their very best work at SonarSource.
Why you will love it here
- We value a safe work culture – founded in respect, kindness, and the right to fail.
- We hire great people – we value communication skills as much as technical prowess and we strive to create a work environment that allows for everyone to succeed and feel empowered to do their best work. Our 500+ SonarSourcers from 35 different nationalities can relate!
- Work-life balance – a healthy work-life balance is very important at Sonar.
- Flexible hours – we schedule our days in order to be effective at work, while also being able to enjoy life’s important moments.
- We promote continuous learning – in an ever-changing industry, learning new skills is the key to growth and success! We're happy to support all employees in this journey if desired.
What we do
As Home of Clean Code, Sonar is the ultimate solution to achieving Clean Code for developers and organizations alike.
The company was formed to develop the open-source tool SonarQube, which has since become the go-to standard in code quality management. We strive every day to pave the way for developers, tackling the toughest issues head-on and pushing the limits of what’s possible.
Who we are
At Sonar we believe in people, dedication, and innovation. We’re a team of problem solvers who are passionate and relentless in their respective missions. We want to work with people who are ready and willing to fasten their seat belts and be part of an incredible ride!
Our Core Values are: Smarter Together, Excellence, Innovation, and Delivery. They reflect our unique culture and we expect them to help shape and positively strengthen our organization.
Join us; we’ll be smarter and stronger together!
Sonar is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to treating every employee with equal respect and fairness. We maintain a zero-tolerance policy toward any form of discrimination. All candidates will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.