von: Oak Philanthropy Ltd. | localité: CointrinN: OakPhilanthropyLtd
Grants Administrator 100% (13 Months)
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Reporting to: Head of Grant Administration and Treasury
Type of contract: Temporary full-time (100%)
Starting date: 15 April 2024
Application deadline: 25 February 2024
About Oak Foundation
Oak Foundation (www.oakfnd.org) commits its resources to address issues of global, social, and environmental concern, particularly those that have a major impact on the lives of the disadvantaged. Through our grant-making, we support others to make the world a safer, fairer, and more sustainable place to live. With offices in Europe, India, and North America, we make grants to organisations in approximately 40 countries worldwide.
About the Grants Administration Team
Grants Administration is a small team, providing cross-foundation support on various functions critical to the grant-making process, including:
- managing grant letter process by generating the grant letter for review and managing the signature process;
- processing grant payments;
- supporting and processing staff and Trustee discretionary grants; and
- helping staff navigate the grants process, managing tools and guidance, and offering support for unusual situations.
Purpose of the role
This is a great opportunity to join a diverse international Foundation’s operations team. The individual will be responsible for the administrative management, reporting, and payment of grants. The Grants Administrator will ensure that the Foundation's grant-making and related processes, documents, procedures, and implementation are executed professionally, efficiently, on schedule, and in a manner consistent with best practices.
- Preparing payments (for grants and consultants) and completing checklists
- Preparing grant letters, including checking for the necessary documentation and completing checklists
- Processing staff and trustee discretionary grants
- Responding to questions and support requests from staff and Trustees;
- Completing reconciliations and generating reports
- Filing and document administration
- Producing support letters and documentation where requested
- Identifying situations that require further consideration or approvals and escalating
- Running checks and completing checklists
- Supporting other administrative tasks as requested by the Head of Grant Administration and Treasury or the Director of Operations
- University degree or equivalent qualification
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience with CRM, database, and grant management software highly desirable
- Experience of banking processes and international payments highly desirable
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Strong organisational, prioritisation, and time-management skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritise multiple tasks seamlessly
- Ability to work effectively independently and as a highly resourceful team player under pressure and within deadline
- Exhibits a positive attitude and professional demeanor
- Experience in foundations, not-for-profit organisations, or the private sector, highly desirable
- Excellent written and spoken English required, other languages are an asset
- A commitment to Oak’s organisational values
How to apply
Only candidates with Swiss/EU citizenship or a valid work permit for Switzerland will be accepted.
Applications should include:
- A comprehensive curriculum vitae giving details of relevant achievements in recent posts as well as your education and professional qualifications
- A motivation letter that summarises your interest in this post, providing evidence of your ability to match the criteria outlined in the job description
Deadline for application: 25 February 2024
Interested candidates submit their Curriculum Vitae and a compelling covering lettervia JobUp. Please note that we will only be contacting shortlisted candidates.
By submitting your application, you confirm that you have read and understood Oak’s job applicant’s data privacy notice.
Oak Foundation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, as detailed in our child safeguarding policy. We expect all staff to share this commitment. Please note that the successful candidate will undergo reference checks and be required to provide a police record prior to starting employment.