von: Union Cycliste Internationale | localité: AigleN: UnionCyclisteInternationale
Founded on 14th April 1900 in Paris, the Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI) is the world governing body for cycling. Its mission is to develop and supervise cycling in all its forms and for everybody, as a competitive sport, as a healthy recreational activity and as a means of transport and having fun. Additionally, the UCI promotes a number of its own events, including the UCI Road World Championships, an iconic annual event, and a wide range of other UCI World Championships and World Cups across the various disciplines. It is based in Aigle, Switzerland, at the UCI World Cycling Centre.
To join its International Relations and Development Services, the UCI is seeking an :
International Relations Intern (100%)
English – French
An internship at the UCI is an ideal way to gain work experience in the sports industry. From the start of the programme, the International Relations Intern will part of the day-to-day administration of the service by providing his/her support to various ongoing projects.
Responsibilities and mains tasks :
- Provide administrative support to the International Relations Services in daily tasks
- Maintain and update the National Federation and Continental Confederation database, including the information available on the UCI website
- Maintain and update the National Federations’ extranet
- Monitor and follow-up requests from National Federations and Continental Confederations received via the dedicated email account of the International Relations Services
- Provide administrative support in the elaboration, layout and sending of the UCI monthly newsletter, working in close collaboration with the Sports Department and other UCI services as required
- Within the context of UCI events such as the UCI Cycling World Championships and the UCI Congress, provide administrative and logistical support, at the office and on site, for the organisation of meetings and the welcome of the National Federations and Continental Confederations (hotel reservations, travel arrangements, visa applications, registration of delegates at the Congress, general coordination of transfers, VIP welcome desk, etc …)
- Higher education, preferably in political science or international relations
- Excellent command of English and French, both oral and written, good knowledge of Spanish, both oral and written, an advantage
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent writing and organisational skills
- Ability to manage priorities and meet deadlines
- Rigorous, motivated and with integrity
- Ability to work autonomously
- Professional appearance
- Good at building and maintaining relationships
- Strong interest in sport and cycling an advantage
Start date : January 2024 or to be agreed
Duration : 6 to 9 months
Join us and you will have every opportunity to use your skills, to be involved in current sporting activities and to contribute to the success of a modern and dynamic organisation. If you are interested in this position and you meet the criteria outlined in the profile, please e-mail your application and supporting documents (covering letter, CV, employment references and qualifications) to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI) has been EDGE ‘Move’ certified since January 2022. EDGE certification is the international reference standard for organisations in terms of gender equity. The UCI is the first international sports federation to be EDGE ’Move’ certified.