von: IMI Precision Engineering – FAS | localité: PalézieuxN: IMIPrecisionEngineeringFAS
IMI plc is a sector focused organisation at the forefront of delivering motion and fluid control technologies that create a more sustainable world, improving the quality of life for our customers and communities and ultimately delivering our purpose of Breakthrough Engineering for a Better World.
Life Technology platform is focused on technologies that enhance and improve everyday life, particularly in the areas of health, sustainability, and comfort. Within Life Science and Fluid Control, we help OEMs across life science and fluid control industries improve the performance of their devices, enabling better scientific research, faster diagnosis of diseases, better medical treatments, and more efficient machines, dramatically improving life for everyone.
Our one big team work fairly and effectively but most importantly together to ensure we maintain the foundations that have enabled IMI’s success through over 150 years of heritage.
We are looking, to oversee the purchasing team in Switzerland, based either in Versoix or in Palézieux, for a
Based in Versoix or in our Factory in Palézieux, Switzerland, the Purchasing Manager leads our procurement team and manages all aspects of our purchasing activities. The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing effective purchasing strategies, negotiating with suppliers, and ensuring that our organization secures high-quality goods and services at the best possible prices.
- Purchasing Strategy: Develop and implement purchasing strategies that align with the organization's goals, budget constraints, and quality standards.
- Supplier Management: Identify, evaluate, and manage supplier relationships to ensure timely and cost-effective procurement of goods and services.
- Negotiation: Lead negotiations with suppliers to secure favorable terms and conditions, including pricing, payment terms, quality standards, and delivery schedules.
- Cost Control: Monitor and analyze purchasing costs and work to identify and implement cost-saving opportunities.
- Team Leadership: Manage and mentor the purchasing team in Switzerland, providing guidance and support to ensure the team's success.
- Contract Management: Create and manage supplier contracts and agreements, ensuring compliance and performance standards are met.
- Quality Assurance: Work closely with quality control and other departments to ensure that purchased goods and services meet established quality standards.
- Market Research: Stay informed about market trends, supplier capabilities, and industry best practices to continually improve procurement processes.
- Reporting: Maintain detailed records of procurement activities and provide regular reports to senior management.
What we are looking for
- Master's degree in business, supply chain management, or a related field, relevant certifications are a plus.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in procurement, with at least 2-3 years in a management role.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving capabilities, with a data-driven approach to decision-making.
- Proficiency in procurement software and tools.
- Knowledge of procurement best practices and industry standards.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Familiarity with legal and regulatory requirements related to procurement.
- Must be able to communicate clearly in both English and French with a range of different stakeholders
Health and Safety
The physical demands described within the Key Duties & Responsibilities section of this job description are required to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities. Please contact your local HR representative to discuss the specific Work Conditions and Physical Requirements of this role.
Health, Safety, and Environmental Duties – At IMI we are all personally committed to protecting our people, minimizing our impact to the environment, the communities we operate in and our company. All members of our workforce have the duty to ensure the health, safety and welfare of themselves, others, and the environment. Every employee is expected to follow all HSE operating procedures, also to challenge any observed behaviors or unsafe acts.
Code of Ethics:
IMI requires the highest standard of ethics in all business dealings, particularly with customers, suppliers, advisors, employees, and the authorities. In accordance with the IMI Way: Our Code of Responsible Business.
Changes to This Job Description:
IMI may amend this job description in whole or part at any time.
IMI is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.