von: Nestlé Operational Services Worldwide SA | localité: LausanneN: NestlOperationalServicesWorldwideSA
The Nestlé Group is the world's largest food and beverage company with 92.6 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2019. It is present in 187 countries around the world, has 403 factories and its 291'000 employees are committed to Nestlé's purpose of enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Nestlé offers a wide portfolio of products and services for people and their pets throughout their lives. Its more than 2000 brands range from global icons like Nescafé or Nespresso to local favourites. Company performance is driven by its Nutrition, Health and Wellness strategy. Nestlé is based in the Swiss town of Vevey where it was founded more than 150 years ago. Learn more about our Group and reasons to join us on www.nestle.com
R&D Senior Specialist Psychobiology
Location: Nestlé Research, Lausanne Switzerland
Institute: Nestlé Institute of Health Sciences
Company: Société des Produits Nestlé S.A.
Act. Rate: Full-Time Act. Rate 100%
Type of contract: Permanent contract
Please note that as a first step of the recruitment process, once you have submitted your application, you will be invited to complete a recorded video introduction.
What we offer at Nestlé
Flexible work policies in terms of core hours and working from home. Please talk to us during the recruitment process about what flexibility could look like for you!
Genuine opportunities for career and personal development
Modern "smart office" locations providing agile & collaborative workspaces
Dynamic international working environment
Attractive additional benefits
As an R&D Senior Specialist Psychobiology, you will join a diverse team of researchers developing nutritional solutions for promoting mental wellbeing. You will initiate and lead clinical and scientific research activities on nutrition in relation to biological processes to support healthy mood and behaviours. You will contribute to translation of scientific discoveries into benefits across businesses, supporting our research & innovation pipeline.
We offer a dynamic, inclusive, and international working environment with many opportunities across different companies, functions, and regions. Don't miss the opportunity to join us and work with different teams in an agile and diverse context.
A Day in the Life of an R&D Senior Specialist Psychobiology
- Develop innovative science concepts around nutrition, nutrients, bioactives and behaviour that address mental wellbeing and specific consumer health needs in healthy populations
- Lead the design, implementation and interpretation of human observational and interventional studies across NIHS to achieve impactful scientific discoveries
- Provide scientific qualified support and consultancy to projects across the department and institute
- Communicate effectively to internal and external stakeholders to drive decision-making
- Translate research results into differentiating innovation through products, communications or claims
- Contribute to scientific communication material, patents, and peer-reviewed publications
What will make you successful
- PhD in psychobiology and at least 5-10 years of experience in nutrition research after doctoral degree
- Previous experience in industry or collaboration with start-ups/industry
- Proficiency in behavioral, psychological, and cognitive methodologies relevant to conducting assessments related to mental wellbeing
- Demonstrated experience in conducting clinical studies that integrate psychology, behavior, nutrition, digital and brain physiology aspects
- A strong desire to explore new ideas, technologies, and scientific advancements, and a willingness to continuously learn and adapt to new research fields
- Ability to work effectively in multidisciplinary teams, communicate research findings, and collaborate with colleagues and external partners
At Nestlé, we want to help shape a better and healthier world, inspire people to live healthier lives and deliver impact at a scale and pace that makes a difference. We do this by fostering a diverse, friendly, supportive, and collaborative environment, that creates positive disruption, embraces innovation, and empowers people and teams to win. We aim to hire friendly, respectful, inspiring people who care about the people's lives that we touch every single day.
Be a force for good. Join Nestlé and visit us on www.nestle.com.